Monday, December 1, 2008

Lots of new things

Alright, I will start with the best news first. I got a job promotion! I am now the manager of the children's department at Barnes and Noble! I alsogot a raise for it too! I also move out the day before my birthday and I ampretty excited. I will be living with my awesome friends: Sandra and Kathy.

Thanksgiving was a pretty fun event this year. My dad came to visit for the first time since he moved. We ate at his friend's, Terry, house. His two sons are Cynthia's best friends. I also went to Jeremy's Thanksgiving Dinner. I am basically part of there family now. Jeremy's nefew, Jackson, was there too. He is just the cutest little boy and he can finally say my name now (although he has a hard time saying it like most children do). Me, Laura, and Carol Ann took a lot of pictures (Cynthia had already gone over to Terry's house to play).


Oh, I have also redone the pink in my hair so that is more bold and bright. I love it! My dad was not so sure about it though. I am pretty excited for Christmas. I sorta plan on just buying books for people because I have so many good recommendations. Speaking of which this is an awesome book I just finished a few days ago.

The Hunger Games
by Suzanna Collins
Summery:
America no longer exists. In its place is a new,
very contr
olling government. There is the capital and thirteen
distr
icts. Eventually the districts rebel against the capital in an
attem
pt to earn freedom. They lose and the capital wipes out
distr
ict thirteen. The Hunger Games are put in place, as a
remin
der to the people of who is in charge. From each district
a boy and girl is chose
n to be tributes to the games. They are
put in an arena
where they fight to the death--the last one to live
wins the games
.
Just give it a chance. I promise it is full of adventure and keeps you
up at night thinking about it and what might happen next. It feels
so real that you feel like you are in the games too trying to survive!
If you do end up reading it please (I beg you) tell me what you think
of it! Thanks!


Rewiews:

"I couldn't stop reading...Addictive..."
-
-Stephen King, Entertainment Weekly Review
Read Full EW Revie
w:
http://www. ew. com/ew/article/0,,20223443,00. html


"I was so obses
sed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it...The Hunger Games is amazing."
-
-Stephenie Meyer, author of The Twilight Saga


"
...as close to perfect an adventure novel as I've ever read."
-
-Rick Riordan, author of The Percy Jackson Series and The 39 Clues

3 comments:

Donna Madsen said...

I am glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with your Dad. I know he was excited.

Darla said...

I haven't been checking blogs lately so I am way behind on commenting. Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun. Congrats on the promotion. Hope you had a fun Christmas!!! Love ya!!

Hawk Family said...

Glad to see some new posts!! Looks like you are all doing well. How is the new place??