Friday, January 13, 2012

Wedding

Oh, how so much happens so fast. I can not believe that another year has passed and a lot has happened since last the last time I wrote on this blog. I had a wonderful wedding in September (don't worry I am going to put some pictures up of that), got an apartment, and taking more classes at Dixie State College. I had thought about writing a Christmas letter of my own, but it was a busy season at work so I never got around to it. We have over 1000 pictures of the wedding and so I have only chose some to put and though I am not much of scrapbooker I will probably starting make some cute and artsy wedding album.

Why I love this picture is because most people are not looking at the camera which is what happens when you have a bunch of kids (with older kids trying to get them to look at the camera) in a picture and I wouldn't change it.
Now I will let you know that I am short, but not that short. Laura is wearing heels, something I never do, thus why I wore moccasins to my wedding.
And what would a nice picture be without a silly one. I think Laura is trying to be a raptor or some kind of strange dinosaur.
Justin doesn't like being in pictures so he kind of ran away when it was picture time. I am looking at the pictures and thinking, man I hope people don't think this is my sweet sixteen or something. So this picture is one with him in it...usually he just covers his face with his hat.
This is my lovely bouquet that my cousin, Danielle, made for me. Yellow/orange roses and sunflowers--my favorite. I guess it is a new trend to take a picture of the rings with the bouquet. I didn't realize the work that goes into planning and executing a wedding.
This is my beautiful cake (I felt bad cutting it) that Kayleen, my coworker, made for me. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way it looked. It also tasted very good. Chocolate with real raspberry filling. The only thing better would have been cheesecake, but I didn't think that cheesecake and fondant would taste great together.
And here are the children. When I went looking for place to have the wedding is was a big deal for me to find a place that would be kid friendly. I wanted my whole wedding to be that way. As much as I love formal events I know that kids hate it (unless its a tea party for little girls). Plus I knew that it if went with formal it would be a really small wedding and I wanted all the people I care about there.

And we can still not get the red paint off of Snowball, which made Justin sad. I told him we should have taken the motorcycle, but oh well, we will just have to buy another care eventually and now we can just be one of those cars that everyone in town is like "Woah, have you seen that Geo Metro with red writing on it! So cool!" or so we hope. The best part was that in the morning my cousin, Spencer asks me if we liked the confetti that came out of the air conditioning vents. I replied with a "I didn't know that was there" and Justin ran out to the car to check it out. They had put the air on full blast, but it never went off on us the night before when driving to the hotel, which is for the best because it probably would have scared the crap out of us. So now I am still finding it in the car. Poor Snowball.
One of my favorite things, that we didn't even intend on doing, was staying in the same hotel as all of the relatives and getting to go eat breakfast with them and say goodbye. I would recommend that to anyone planning a wedding. It is so chaotic the night before that saying goodbye is a blur and you barely remember who all was even at your wedding. Plus I was so hungry and tired. I am glad we had a wedding, but I am very much glad that it is all behind us and we can move on in life.
We went to downtown Salt Lake City for our honeymoon and it was a blast. Went out for sushi and shopping--I really didn't want it to end. The funniest part to me was that I hardly ever want Taco Bell and when we stopped in Ceder City I turned to Justin and said "Please stop at Taco Bell. I am so hungry!" I had been so nervous about everything going right (downside of planning your own wedding) that I hadn't eaten much.
We moved into a nice apartment in the center of town which great cause I can walk to the college and Justin is closer to work. I am taking math and anthropology (which is finally being offered down here). I am excited about that, not so much math. Homework takes up a lot of time and so does working full time, but it will all be worth it someday, right? Haha. In about a year and half we are going to move up north so that I can go into Interior Design and Justin is going to finish up some classes so that he can get into the PharmD program at University of Utah. It will be cold, but I think it will be fun to be close to some family since everyone moved away from St. George.
I also turned 22 a week or so ago. We went to eat Habachi with my sisters, mom, and Sandra, my friend since the 7th grade.

Of course Justin knows that we are taking a picture so he pretends to be some kind of crazy man eating Asian food.

1 comment:

Donna Madsen said...

Loved the post and the thoughts about your wedding. I am so glad we could share your wonderful day with you.